The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Sites or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. For example, when you use our Services to request a potential quote for or other information about insurance, we collect your first and last name, address, age, spouse’s name, spouse’s age, email address, and phone number. In addition, on some of our Sites, we provide an open comments field for you to provide us with any additional information you would like to include in your submission. Please do not include any sensitive personal information in this field, including any health-related information.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Sites through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, such as: domain name, your browser type and operating system, web pages you view on the Sites; links you click on the Sites, your IP address, the length of time you visit our Sites and or use our Services, the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Sites.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, including to contact you regarding your request for additional information, including with respect to insurance quotes that you request.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To send you email marketing about our products and services and those of our affiliated entities.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Sites are more (or least) used by users.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or customer satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include information technology service providers and other professional services service providers.
- Affiliates and Agents. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries and independent insurance agents so that they can provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants, subject in each case to our compliance with applicable laws.
- In Response to Legal Process We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Sites and Service.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to manage your cookie selections. Visitors to our Sites and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Sites, but some features may not function.
Third Party Analytics.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section directly below.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Sites, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Our Sites and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by contacting us – see the Contact Us section below. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Sites for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth below. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Sites. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Sites and/or emailing you at the email address we have for you.
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 22, 2020
Financing Opportunities for LTC professionalsStart Now
- LTC Global’s primary business is the purchase of insurance agencies and individual books of renewal commissions for an upfront cash payment (factoring), primarily in the Long Term Care insurance industry...